Time Travel

April Reading Update

We are now at the end of April and to be honest, I can't quite believe it.  I do not think it helps either how I have been very stressed lately and I think this stress is going to continue into May which is annoying but thankfully I have reading on my side to calm me down. However, I also won't have much time for that in May which will be extremely annoying also and so I look forward to those times when I can once again do lots of reading and not much else but read. However, I don't think this will last long.

This month I have been out running much more and it has been outstanding which much better, warmer, nicer weather which makes it easier to get outside and go on a run. I have also been running further which is nice ready for all those long runs I look forward to doing once again on my holidays in the summer. Talking of which, the coronavirus pandemic seems to be going alright in the United Kingdom now and it seems like we may soon have more freedom than we have done in a long time.

This month I am finding it hard to remember all the books I have read due to my stress and tiredness and all that but I believe, by looking back at my blog posts waiting to be published, I have read 4 books in total this month and then I have the book I am currently reading. The book I am currently reading can stay a surprise now but it is actually a very good book. The books I have read this month are Bi the Way by Lois Shearing, Ward Nine: Coronavirus by Alys Morgan, The Conspiracy and The Conspiracy 3 by Laurence O'Bryan which have all been quite good books, to be honest. I have now gone on to reading more books stored on my Kindle including the book I am currently on and On The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. However, I must admit that I abandoned this book when I was not even 20% into the book.

I have also brought loads of paper copy books as well just because a local shop was closing down and it was 75% off everything and so I took the opportunity to buy some of the books I have wanted to read which was good. What is even better, some of the books including one of the two hardback books were cheaper than that advertised on the Kindle store and that is saying something because usually, Kindle books are the cheapest.

Although it has been a challenge to manage to create all the blog posts on time, I have once again participated in the Top 5 Wednesday challenge which has been quite good. This month's posts have included Mismatched Titles, Incorrect Ratings, Brighter Days and Underhyped Stars. It has been quite fun to write these blog posts despite it also being a challenge and so I will try my best and continue the Top 5 Wednesday challenge next month.

Before I conclude, as I almost forget, obviously this month has seen the very sad passing of His Royal Highness Prince Philip The Duke of Edinburgh which is obviously extremely upsetting and so Book Portal was proud to pay our respects in the best way we could by making the website go black and not posting too much during the national mourning period. We still wish the best to Her Majesty The Queen,

Anyway, that is a brief overview of my Month and boy I am tired after writing this and after this month. I hope you have all had a good month. I once again look forward to much more reading and writing many more book reviews and blog posts. As always please keep coming back and please do share any links to my blog posts with your friends and followers.





2021 Reading Challenge

2021 Reading Challenge
Charlie has read 16 books toward his goal of 20 books.
hide

Comments