Time Travel

Underhyped Stars

 Hello and welcome to this week's Top 5 Wednesday blog post. This week's post is about those books that you have read but not really heard much about before in the book community. This is a very annoying thing because there are some great books out there but you may not have heard of them meaning you miss out on so many great books. This is more the case if your someone who likes looking in book shops or the book section in supermarkets where they may only sell a select few books. Anyway, this weeks post is about the Top 5 Books I wish more people in the book community knew about. I will try and pick my absolute favourites which I have not heard much about otherwise and I hope you find some of them interesting and even give them a read. All of these books are books that I have read and reviewed from Net Galley meaning they are quite new out and also may not be in all the large book stores yet. Anyway, let's get straight to this weeks post which is about the top 5 unheard stars. 

1. The Unlucky Sperm Club

The first book on this list is The Unlucky Sperm Club by Nelson Tressler which is both a self-help book and an autobiography which is quite good. The one part of this book looks at Tressler's life and how he is a member of the unlucky sperm club. We learn that the event which happened affected all of Tressler's life and so had great difficulty in the early stages of his life including his teenage years. The book then goes on to look at what he does now which is quite interesting. The second part of this book looks at the skills and qualities Nelson needed to change his life for the better and live his best life. I really enjoyed this book and as I commonly say, it has made me happier to be in the unlucky sperm club myself. Anyway, I think anyone and everyone should read this book and even more so if you believe you are a member of the unlucky sperm club yourself.

2. Train (Your Brain) Like An Olympian 

This is another self-help book written by Jean Francois Menard, who is an Olympian mental trainer who helps Olympians mentally prepare before their events. In this book, Jean presents the mental tips in a more general format with sporting examples throughout to help the ordinary person be able to use these same tips in something they do. I have to say that the tips mentioned in this book do help to some extent as I had an exam whilst reading this book and so I used some of the tips which indeed did help me. It is a shame that this book is not very well known as it is a great book for everyone and anyone especially if you want to go outside your comfort zones.

3. Hyde

This is a gothic tale by the author Craig Russell which is a variation of Robert Louis Stevenson's famous 'The Stange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' and looks at Hyde's life before the book by Stevenson. However, in this book, Hyde is a very different person which adds a whole new perspective to the tale. This book is full of mysteries, horror and tension which is great and would be good for anyone who likes a horror mystery and murder mystery. I highly recommend that you do read this fantastic book.

4. The Conspiracy Series

I originally had 'The Conspiracy 2' book down for number four of this list but I have changed it to the entire Conspiracy series. The three Conspiracy books are Mystery thriller books written by Laurence O'Bryan which, to be honest, is set all around the world including England, China, Russia, Egypt and the United States of America. What's more, is this is the first book about the Coronavirus pandemic I have read and the only fictional COVID book which really makes this book unique and stands out and is a mystery how this book is not yet well known. This series is very gripping and full of tension which is amazing and I highly recommend you read the series. If you do read the series, please do read all the books in order as this is a mistake I made by reading the second book first.

5. Grand Openings Can Be Murder

Finally, on this list is this great book. This book which is set on an island covers themes of loss, death, murder, mystery and of course lots of chocolate which is very good. This is another interesting book which I just kept reading and thought it was great. I again recommend this book if you love a murder mystery novel as this is what this book is.

Anyway, that is all for now and I hope you enjoyed reading. Please do comment below on books that you have read but are not very well known as I would love some book suggestions to read. Please also share this post to get many views to help these books sell because the authors deserve all the sales possible. I hope you enjoyed this post and I look forward to writing my next post.

Top 5 Wednesday
Top 5 Wednesday 10141 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments