Time Travel

The Conspiracy by Laurence O'Bryan

 The Conspiracy by Laurence O'Bryan is the first book in a three-book series that follows Dr Rob Mc'Neil, who is a vaccine scientist, around the world as loads of events unfold right in front of his eyes. In this book, the action gets started with the events which are central to the rest of the series. Dr Rob's wife mysteriously dies, China and Russia are up to something and both want to find out about Dr Mc'Neil's Vaccine. This first book sees Dr Mc'Neil, Jim and Faith travel to China where they are imprisoned and then to Russia before going back to London

I liked this first book much better than I liked the second book of the series. This may be because I missed out on watching the events unfold in the first book before I read the second book and so I was not completely aware of what happened leading up to the second book. This book was full of action which was great and really kept the reader interested throughout. The book is separated into 88 Chapters which also speeds up all the action further drawing the reader into the book. This book also starts with Dramatic Irony, where the reader knows something that the characters do not, which helps the reader build annoyance with the people who tell Dr Mc'Neil a load of lies. This thriller was very gripping and a few times kept me up until late in the night reading this book which is great.

Whilst reflecting on this book, I cannot really think of anything that I disliked in this book. There were indeed some characters who made decisions that I would not personally take but without these decisions, the plot could be very different. The writer has purposely chosen to take these risky decisions to twist the plot and further add to the enjoyment of this book.

Altogether, I rate this book 4 Stars making it a very good book. This is because it was highly gripping with a good, exciting and well-developed plot which indeed will be built on in the coming books of this series. If you want to read The Conspiracy series, I highly recommend that you start from book one and then read book two and then book three, as by reading them in the order you know the plots of the other books and how they relate to the next book. I would like offer a big thank you to the author Laurence O'Bryan for sending me a free copy of this book to read, I am extremely thankful for his kindness.

Comments