Time Travel

My Year in Books 2023

 This year has been an extremly busy year of reading. I feel that I have read and achieved so much this year! This is indeed very accurate, having read a total of 45 books in 2023. This is a massive achievement for me as I have never read so many books in one year. I have also felt greatly motivated to read such a high number of books this year, which has really been incredible! I hate having a reader dip where one loses all motivation, so I am extremely happy, thankful and grateful that I have been able to read in joy without it ever becoming too much of an effort or burden. I think part of this is because I have worked to make reading a regular habit, so it now pretty much comes naturally. I always prefer to read a book than watch a movie or television. To me, reading is just like watching a movie, but more relaxing and exciting!

Looking back over the last year, it is difficult to pick out a favourite book as I have read so many great books. The year indeed started off strong with The Contract, which was an incredible read, as well as another gripping book from Amber Royer, A Study in Chocolate. This year has seen me also read in new areas more so than ever. The main area in which I have found a new interest is romance and this year has indeed seen many amazing romance novels which I have had the privilege to read. I also love a good thriller and mystery novel, and none of the books combine all three genres better than Robert Galbraith's The Ink Black Heart. It has also been great to hear from The Secret Barrister once again in Nothing But The Truth. It did not end there, though; I had great joy reading The Successful Law Student and Online Courts, as well as many other excellent legal books.

So this year has indeed been a busy year, but I hope for an extremely busy 2024 as well! I look forward to hopefully reading more books from some of my favourite authors like The Secret Barrister, Amber Royer and Robert Galbraith, but I also hope to come across many new authors, some of whom I will be able to add to my collection of favourite authors. I also look forward to reading further legal books, which should further inform us all about the society we live in. I will definitely be looking forward to more romance, mystery and thriller next year as well! I also plan to read more short stories and texts which can be found in the public domain next year! It is safe to say I am excited for another varied year of reading in 2024, where hopefully, I will be able to read just as many books, if not more!

2023 Reading Challenge

2023 Reading Challenge
Charlie has completed his goal of reading 40 books in 2023!
hide

Comments