Time Travel

The Contract by Karissa Knight

 The Contract by Karissa Knight is a fabulous book following the Chicago Defence Lawyer, Wilhelmina Green and her adventures. We follow Mina on her tombstoning short breaks to punish herself for defending the guilty and letting them get away with murder and rapes. The real story, however, is with Mina and her lover Jonathon Heun. We follow Mina and Jon on a suspenseful mission to try and catch members of the Russian mafia who have demanded Jon pay them a large sum of money else lose his lover, Mina. This leads to Mina having a full time group of bodyguards. A couple of murders and a kidnapping later, but the police and FBI have still failed to catch the main perpetrator. This book will take you on a true adventure.

I absolutely loved this book, it is so gripping and I couldn't stop turning the pages. This book really did keep me up at night with excitement, and I think the fact I managed to read it within one week alongside my other commitments really shows how much I enjoyed this book. The story literally had me at the edge of my seat, for instance when the FBI came in to a sex den. This erotica was then nicely intertwined with scenes of sexual activity and bondage. This book offers the best of both worlds. A lovely erotica combined with an amazing and outstanding thriller plot which will keep you reading for hours.

However, the one minor criticism I have is, for an erotica, at times we were running thin on the sexual activity keeping the reader longing for more sex. However, although it was a bit low on sex at times, this actually added to the plot and was part of the literary devices employed by the author and helps us emphasis with Mina during those times she is longing for sex with her true lover.

I knew right from the beginning of this book, during the middle and at the very end that I had no other option but to rate this book 5 stars. This is one of the best books I have read in a while and I really truly could not put this book down due to it being so gripping. This book features the excitement and suspense of the thriller but also the romance and excitement of the erotica themes. This book is a great combination of the two genres and I believe this is part of what has made it such an amazing book. I would like to thank NetGalley and Books Go Social for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this incredible book. 

On a side note, I have read many books from the publishers Books Go Social with many more in my line up for early this year. The books from this publisher never disappoints me so I fully recommend you check out the books they have on offer. 

Comments