Time Travel

Star of the show

Welcome, back to my Top 5 Wednesday post and my first one of March. You enjoy some books so much that you wish you could just jump into the book and be a character. This week's Top 5 Wednesday post is about the top 5 books I would love to be in. There are many and the reasons vary largely about why I want to be in those books but let's get right to it. The top 5 books I would love to be a character in, in no particular order.

1. Kensuke's Kingdom

So the first book on my list is one of my favourites from Michael Morpurgo, Kensuke's Kingdom. The reason I would want to be a character in this book is really the same as the Home Sweet Home post from last month. I think my reasoning behind this one is also to do with the Coronavirus and all the lockdowns we have been through. I would like to be a character in this book as I would love to live on the tropical island with Mr Kensuke. This is mainly because it would be lovely and warm, loads of nature and no one to annoy me. The reason I think the Coronavirus has impacted this decision is that I think we all want to go on holiday and things to nice places to just relax.

2. The General

This is a book written by Robert Muchamore which I quite surprisingly enjoyed. It was one of those books I had to read as part of reading at secondary school. The main characters basically go to the 'largest warfare' camp type place which sounds amazing. It is in America and it was just like a town inside fences where you could fight for fun and it did indeed sound like lots of fun which lots of independence for the teenagers which sounded great. I would therefore like to be a character in this book to join in with the fun of this warfare camp.

3. To Kill a Mockingbird

This is one of my many favourite classics written by Harper Lee which I thoroughly enjoyed reading. This book I guess is set in classic southern America in what sounds like a nice town where everyone knows each other and helps each other out. There seems to be a sense of community and adventure in the setting of this book. I would therefore like to be a character in this book so I can enjoy what this town has to over and be part of what seems like a great community in a great town.

4. Grand Openings Can Be Murder

This was one of the books I recently wrote and is again set on an Island like the first book on this list. This island however is much more populated with the lovely chocolate shop "Greetings and Felicitations". There again seems to be a good sense of community in this book and most of the people seem to be very friendly and nice. I would therefore love to be a character in this book to make new friends, enjoy the beaches and of course visit the chocolate shop to taste a number of the bean to bar chocolate bars which sounds so nice. It would even be nice to go and have dinner with Felicity and her Aunt as some of the meals mentioned in this book sound superb and thankful the writer provided a link to all the recipes which I am yet to try out.

5. Phoenix

Finally, on this list, I have Phoenix which is one of the books I have loved but hated. I really do have a love-hate relationship with this book for a variety of reasons but there is a discussion for another day in another post. So this book is about Briana who goes to Brazil and lands a job before getting taken into what basically is a slavery camp or more specifically a sex slavery camp. I would love to be a character in this book to either know about what happened to Briana to be able to tell her parents without getting killed myself or a character who would be able to buy Briana or one of the other girls to save them from the horrors of the camps and offer them better lives. These two thoughts are ones that I had throughout reading these books.

Anyway, that is it for this week and I do look forward to next weeks post. Which books have you read which you would love to be a character in? Please do let me know in the comments section. Please also share this post with your friends and followers to introduce them to my blog and get the word out there about this blog post and many more. Also, please feel free to either buy me a book or donate via Paypal using one of the buttons at the side of the blog. Thank you again for reading this post and I look forward to sharing my next post soon.

 
Top 5 Wednesday
Top 5 Wednesday 10141 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments