Books You Wish Your Library Had

Home Sweet Home

Welcome to my first Top 5 Wednesday Post! The idea is that every Wednesday I post a top 5 list of a topic which I will then publish on this book blog. I have got this idea from the GoodReads group Top 5 Wednesday who every month post a list of prompts for the top 5 list of that week. I am really glad to have found this group and excited to be able to take to the challenge. This week's Top 5 list is Home Sweet Home and it is the Top 5 places we have read about in a book and thought "I want to live there", let's get straight to it.

1. Kensuke's Kingdom

For my first book of the list, I have to select this book from one of my childhood favourite authors Michael Morpurgo. The author was always able to tell a great tale. This is a bit of a strange place to want to live, on a desert island. Why would I like to live on the desert island? Well, it is peaceful, it is away from modern society and it sounds like a beautiful relaxing place to be. I would be fine also if Mr Kensuke helped to look after me! The one main thing I would have to take with me though would be a kindle so I can read many books in an easy way.

2. Phoenix

This second book is probably the strangest and worse book to have on this list. Who wants to go to the camps that Briana sees herself in? Quite honestly not me, I would hate to have to go through what poor Briana has had to go through in these camps but it all started in a lovely area. Briana travelled from America to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil! Who would not want to go to the beautiful, warm and lovely location of Rio De Janeiro? This is definitely somewhere I want to go and yes I could probably live there!

3. Of Mice and Men

This third book is set on a ranch in southern America in the state of California. The ranch may not be the best of places to want to live but it would not be as bad as some of the others above. On the ranch you would have friends, you would have the freedom to go out beside all the work. Yes, I would like to visit Southern America and yes I could live there and yes I wouldn't entirely mind if it was on the ranch.

4. The London Eye Mystery

This is the most straight forward book on the list! No, I would not mind living in London. There are negatives but even more positives! London is full of shops, history and culture. There are lots of things to do, lots of places to go and it is just an action-packed city. You can not explore the whole of London in one day or even three days for that matter and so it would be best to live in London to be able to explore everything! London eye anyone? How about the ritz? Or what about the Tower of London?

5. Outwalkers

This top 5 Wednesday list was meant to target Dystopian and Science fiction places, but I have had to modify it a bit as I do not have that many books under my belt of this genre. This is my first and only dystopian book on this list. Why would I want to live in this world. I don't really know! You are microchipped, there is too much control of citizens and you have no freedom. However, it is in a way that we are almost living in this world during Coronavirus and Lockdown and so maybe I am already prepared for this world minus the microchip. I just hope and wonder if they would still let me out on one run per day and be able to read a selection of great books?


Thank you for reading my first Top 5 Wednesday Post. I hope you enjoyed it. Why not comment below saying which place you have read about in a book where you would want to live. I would be delighted to hear your comments. Please also share this post to get the word out there and help me grow this blog. See you next time!


Top 5 Wednesday
Top 5 Wednesday 10141 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments