Dual Timelines

Road Trips

 Hello and welcome back to this Top 5 Wednesday post, and gosh, how quickly September has flown by! Also, I do apologise for the delayed nature of this post. I love a good road trip because it is often peaceful and relaxing, with not too much traffic (at least occasionally), and the lovely sun is out. Admittedly, when I’m not the one driving, I can take in the scenery or maybe read a good book. It is that time of the year now when I am saying goodbye to the summer we never really had. I am definitely not looking forward to the winter but instead longing for Summer 2025. So for this week's prompt, to help me remember this year's summer and prepare for next year's summer, where my family and I are planning a road trip across Europe, I am going to highlight my top books where either the characters embark on a memorable road trip or books which are generally just about road trips, failing that it will be books with a travel element. So, in no particular order, let's begin!

1. The Running Grave by Robert Galbraith

I chose this book because it sees Strike and Robin regularly travelling all over the country to interview different witnesses and people who may be able to help them with the cases they take on. Therefore, these may not be road trips for pleasure, but rather work, but this can still be rather pleasant, for instance, providing a good time for the business partners to discuss the various cases.

2. The Conspiracy by Laurence O'Bryan

This book again sees the main character travelling all over the world during the Coronavirus pandemic, which may have been a bit unrealistic with all the bans on travel during the pandemic. However, he was a man with a vaccine which the Chinese and Russians were very interested in getting their hands on!

3. Shadow of the West by Sarah Brotherhood Chapman

This book was set in Berlin when the wall divided the city into two parts. Still, many travels occurred both around Germany during this time and to the other side of the wall, which also shows how road trips can sometimes be very educational at the same time and give you insights into different cultures and ways of living.

4. Last Seen Online by Lauren James

This book involves loads of road trips in America during a murder mystery by some high school teenagers. Again, this demonstrates how such road trips can bring people together and provide time to think things through and come up with new ideas.

5. Phoenix by Ellie Simms

Finally, this is not quite a road trip but involves Phoenix travelling to a new country, America, where she is kidnapped. Arguably, once she is kidnapped, she goes on a bit of a road trip. But I suppose this book can also show how road trips in different countries with different cultures which you don't have much knowledge about can be rather dangerous.

Thank you for reading this week's Top 5 Wednesday post; I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please share your thoughts below in the comments section, or just say hello! Please also feel free to explore the rest of my blog, including my other Top 5 Wednesday blog posts and my range of book reviews, many of which will be reviews of the books featured on my various Top 5 Wednesday posts. I hope you look forward to next week's post as much as I look forward to writing it!

Top 5 Wednesday 9975 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments