Dual Timelines

Book Audit

Welcome to this first Top 5 Wednesday post of August! I hope this will be a nice, warm month as we approach the end of summer and the beginning of Spring. But this month seems full of interesting and engaging Top 5 Wednesday prompts for us all to use, so I really look forward to this next month of Top 5 Wednesday posts!

I often like doing a book audit, which is essentially where I look at all the books I have access to and break them down to books I have read and books on my to-be-read list. For the books on my to-be-read list, I then number them in the order that I want to read them. Does this always work 100% successfully for me? Absolutely not, I often find other books to read alongside, but still, I love being able to categorise my books so I know what I need to read. This is partly because last year I came across a whole bag of books which I completely forgot about which I want to read!

Anyway, we have 5 months remaining of this year so we could do a book audit! So, for this week, choose the Top 5 Books on your to-be-read list which you want to read before the end of the year. Therefore, let's get straight to this post!

1. The Running Grave by Robert Galbraith

So I am sure that if you are a regular visitor to my blog, you know how much I have been enjoying the Strike series. I was, therefore, really happy when the latest instalment was published in the Summer of 2023, and I very quickly bought the book. I have not yet read the book, though, as it is so long, and I want to be able to enjoy it in full when I don't have as many commitments to stop me. It is, therefore, very much a summer book which I hope to read very soon. This seventh instalment of the series sounds just as amazing as the previous books I have read; it concerns a father who is concerned about his son, who has gone off to join a religious cult.

2. Know Your Rights and Claim Them by Amnesty International

Now, this is one of the books which I received in paperback format for free about two nearly three years ago, but I put it in that bag I mentioned and forgot all about it until summer last year. This book essentially discusses the human rights which everyone should have and how to claim them, which is sometimes easier said than done. I particularly want to get this book read soon as it is very relevant to my study of constitutional and administrative law this year, which in itself has a rather interesting human rights element, with many interesting case studies to read about.

3. Thirteen by Steve Cavanagh

It is yet another book from that bag of long-lost books, which I once again want to read soon. I read my first Cavanagh novel about three years ago, in 2021, and really enjoyed it, so I then got this book, and I am currently reading another Cavanagh novel, which was officially published just last week. This particular book is about a murder trial where the killer is part of the jury rather than on trial. Cavanagh as an excellent writing style so I very much look forward to reading this book.

4. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

This is a book I have wanted to read for a while, and I hope that this year, I will be able to make some time for it. This story is based in an American psychiatric mental hospital with a Tyrannical nurse. This book is a classic; it's about psychology and mental health, and it is good quality literature, which ticks all the boxes for me. These are just some of the genres of this book listed on Goodreads.

5. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

I have wanted to read a Dickens novel for a very long time, and I am currently reading my first, Bleak House, which is proving to be a good, well-written book. Dickens' writing is so clear, which is really amazing. I did hope to read this book last Christmas, but I forgot about it until after Christmas and decided that I couldn't read it if it wasn't Christmas. Therefore, I hope to read my second Dickens novel this December as a Christmas treat! I am sure we are all aware of the basic plot of Scrouge being visited by various ghosts from the book and the many TV and film adaptations broadcast based on this Novel.

That is all for this week's post, so I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Please leave a comment below and let me know which books you want to read for the rest of this year! Please also feel free to look around my blog at the various Top 5 Wednesday posts and book reviews I offer.
I look forward to next week's post!
 
Top 5 Wednesday 9975 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments