Dual Timelines

Laugh Out Loud

Hello, and welcome to this week's Top 5 Wednesday post! You have probably guessed just from my regular Top 5 Wednesday posts, this blog as a whole, and all my book reviews that I really love reading a good book. But you may not know that I also enjoy a good laugh; let's face it, who doesn't? Therefore, we are looking at the Top 5 Books for this week's prompt, which have left us laughing out loud! Before we begin, I may have to apologise that this is such a law-heavy list, but I suppose the reason for this will be made clear in my justifications. Let's get straight into this!

1. Nothing But The Truth by The Secret Barrister

I start this week's list with The Secret Barrister's latest book because they had me bursting out in laughter multiple times whilst reading the book. They are just so funny. Many people who know me may say that I don't really have a sense of humour and that I am a very hard person to make laugh. However, if you put me in front of a Barrister, I wouldn't seem to be able to keep a straight face! Barristers just seem to be so funny; potentially, it is a more intelligent sense of humour that I share with these legal professionals! The joy of this book, however, is that it is written in a way that is generally funny, so you don't really need to be intelligent to have any knowledge of the law to find any part of this book humourous. Therefore, if you want a good, funny non-fiction book to read, look no further!

2. The Ink Black Heart by Robert Galbraith

Many of you who have been following my Top 5 Wednesday posts will know that the Strike series is one of my favourite series for so many reasons. One of the reasons I love this series is because, in parts, it is very funny to read and has left me laughing out loud, so it is a very enjoyable book to read! I very much look forward to reading this latest addition to the series very soon!

3. Desi Girl Speaking by A. S. Hussain

This is the second and final non-law book on this list, and it took me on an emotional rollercoaster. It not only had me in tears multiple times but also had me bursting out in laughter multiple times as well. Regardless, this is just such a valuable book tackling mental ill health issues that I would strongly recommend reading it. It is very much the friendship type of humour in this book which makes the book as a whole more friendly but just adds to one's enjoyment of the book as well!

4. The Suspect by Rob Rinder

We now return to the law books but this time with our one and only fictional law book. This is written by Rob Rinder, who has a reputation for being very funny, and this is obvious in this book as many of his characters are funny, and the book as a whole had me in laughter at various points. This was another thoroughly enjoyable read, which I can only recommend. It is certainly funny how law is such a serious subject that it has an impact on the lives of many people each day for better and worse, yet there is still so much humour in this subject. I suppose without any humour the legal professionals would struggle to survive in this sector.

5. Contract Law Directions by Taylor and Taylor

Now, yes, you probably think this is a very strange book to include in this Top 5 Wednesday post. But yes, I really am including an undergraduate contract law textbook in this post. I admit it was not all full of fun and laughter, and there were some really dull parts, but there were also some extremely funny parts that literally made me laugh out loud in the silent study section of a library. One of these funny moments, which I recall, was about someone suing a singer who lost their voice, and/or it may have been about another person trying to force someone to sing. When reading, it was just so funny!

Thank you for reading this week's post; I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Please comment below on the books that have left you laughing out loud. I would love to hear from you, and I always love a good book suggestion! Please also feel free to explore my blog with my other Top 5 Wednesday posts, as well as book reviews. I look forward ton next week's post, see you then!


Top 5 Wednesday 9975 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments