Characters I Would Give a Valentine To

 Top 5 Wednesday is back by popular demand! As I have recently been reviewing the performance of this book blog, I couldn't help but notice just how popular my Top 5 Wednesday posts actually were. I last did one of these posts in 2021, most likely during the Coronavirus pandemic. Obviously, life has since gotten in the way, but I can't deny that I have always enjoyed writing these posts. They are definitely not always easy, as I have not always read the relevant type of book, but they are always good fun, and it is great to look at what the rest of the Top 5 Wednesday community thinks! Therefore, I am bringing these posts back to this blog and will try to find the time around my busy schedule to write these posts.

Moving on to this week's theme, we are thinking about the top 5 characters we would give a valentine to and why to help celebrate Valentine's Day, which is today (or at the time of writing a few days away!). I think this will be challenging for me as there are so many characters to choose from but let's get straight into it!

1. The Ink Black Heart by Robert Galbraith (And the entire Strike Series)

So, I begin this post with Robin Ellacott from the Strike Series. Robin is described as a beautiful young lady who, when I imagine her appearance, would expect that she would be very popular in a romantic relationship amongst many males. She sounds like the lady that everyone is after. But it's not just Robin's looks; she seems to be an incredible lady all around. She is highly resilient and is always there to support her business partner, Strike, particularly when he has bad health. She also seems to be very goal-focused and a highly motivated individual.  Obviously, Robin has had poor relationships in the past, which is very hard to comprehend because who would want to lose a Robin? Robin, therefore, seems like the lady every man needs in his life, and she deserves a loving male who will make her feel valued. I'll go an extra step for Robin and say I would probably treat her to dinner and her favourite perfume, which are some of her favourite gifts according to the books.

2. Bean to Bar Mystery Series  by Amber Royer

It may be argued that I would give a valentine to this person for the same if not similar reasons to Robin. The person I am thinking of in this book is, of course, Felicity Koerber. Felicity seems to be another incredible young lady, and the fact that she has started her own business is truly amazing and shows us how driven and determined she is. The fact that she can balance her business responsibilities with various murder mysteries is something I can only admire about her. Felicity's time management definitely seems to be of a very high standard! I feel sorry for Felcity that her husband has died and that she has had a hard time getting over the grief. It is reassuring to see how popular Felicity is with males, but obviously, this leaves her with some difficult decisions to make. Anyway, I digress! I would give Felcity a valentine because she deserves to be appreciated and loved for all she does, and again, she has some of the qualities which I expect many males to look for in a valentine.

3. Right Guy, Wrong Time: A #MeToo Love Story by Louise MacGregor

This option is a bit more upsetting than the others, although this young lady's experience has also been experienced by at least one other lady on this list. The person I am thinking of in this book is Edie, and I think it's important to say that this choice is not because of what she has gone through but because of the person she is. Yes, the central theme of this book is that Edie has been raped, which is never acceptable, and the author does an outstanding job at highlighting not only how Edie felt after this experience but how many females in real life likely feel after such an abuse of their bodies. Yes, I would give her a valentine to help her through her trauma and show her that there are still nice, loving people out there so not to give up hope. But I also picture Edie as another beautiful, hardworking lady who seems to be there for her friends and the people around her. I think more than anything, Edie needs someone to talk to about the difficult moments in her life, whether that is the rape, her employment or anything else.

4. Kit & Tully Series by Mocha VonBee

The next individual on my list is Kit, from the Kit & Tully series. I should start by saying that this is a good series as you get to see Kit from when she was in high school to when she was an adult and exploring Ireland back in the 'good old days'. Kit is another young lady who is described to be very attractive but also very studious. It is a shame, however, that she doesn't feel able to study what she wants and is following the wishes of her parents to study law. But Kit seems to be a very loving and adventurous young lady who I would believe would be great fun to spend time with. 

5. The Contract by Karissa Knight

Finally, the last person on the list to whom I would give a Valentine would be Mina! Let's face it, I wouldn't be the only person to choose Nina when she is described as "Chicago's hottest legal star [who] is the lawyer of choice for wealthy offenders". I do wonder why she is one of the most successful lawyers; is it her advocacy, or is it her looks? But it is very clear that she is very likeable by everyone who comes across her, and I feel like I myself could be seduced to her, and so it is highly likely I would give her a valentine.

That concludes our Top 5 Wednesday post for this week. Who would you give a valentine to? Let me know in the comments section! All the books mentioned above I have thoroughly enjoyed and so if you are yet to read them, I would strongly encourage you to look around the blog and read some of the book reviews. I must also emphasise that there are many other characters in many other books whom I would give a valentine to, so maybe see if you can guess which books these may be and have a read yourself! I look forward to our next Top 5 Wednesday post next week, so hope you will be looking forward to reading it as much as I look forward to writing it!


Top 5 Wednesday
Top 5 Wednesday 9987 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments