Time Travel

Something Borrowed, Something 90% Dark by Amber Royer

 Something Borrowed, Something 90% Dark by Amber Royer follows Felicity, Logan and Arlo in yet another murder mystery leading up to and during Felicity's friend Autumn's wedding. When Tiff's real estate friend makes a surprise visit to Galveston island along with the wedding guests for Autumn's wedding, Felicity is left with a challenging puzzle to solve when there are two murders that come her way. This is on top of the stress of being Matron of Honour for the wedding, having to run her chocolate business, getting kidnapped and having to decide whether to spend the rest of her life in a romantic relationship with Arlo or Logan. As always, it has been a pleasure reading the latest book in the series and following Felicity on her adventures.

This has once again been a great, gripping read which I have really enjoyed. I find it particularly interesting learning about, in this book, the chocolate-making process, the coffee-grinding process and the history and geography of Galveston Island. I feel bad saying that I had only just a few minutes before I started writing this review and realised that Galveston Island is a real place and not just a part of the fiction, but this has just made me appreciate this series even more and I hope to learn more about chocolate and the island in future series. It has also been good following Felicity, Autumn and her Friends in the lead-up to Autumn's wedding. The murder plot has once again been interesting with some added bonuses to make this particular book even more interesting.

Theres not much I can really say I dislike about this book, apart from murder. It is quite unbelievable and somewhat unrealistic that so many murders have happened on Galveston Island which Felicity has got involved in. However, the part that is slightly annoying is that all the murders and the steps to solving them haven't been too different from each book. It would be nice to have a murder plot in this series which is very different from the rest. A good plot twist may also be to get Felicity to train as a professional investigator alongside her chocolate business.

The romance element of this series is something I really do love and will not stop loving. I'm not sure about other readers but I personally know which team I am on in terms of team Arlo or team Logan and I feel this may vary based on the reader. I was frustrated throughout this book because I did not think Felicity would choose the guy I wanted her to choose and this was very frustrating. I was, however, relieved by the end when she chose the guy, who happened to be the one whom I wanted her to choose. I won't provide any further details as I don't want to give out any spoilers, but as always this element has just added to the book.

Altogether, I rate this book 3 stars which makes it a good book because it is an interesting and gripping read for the reader and in this series as a whole the writer really makes the reader feel part of Felicity's Galveston Island and it really feels like we personally know each of the characters which is a lovely feeling. The food themes in this book are also valuable despite potentially lacking some of the range of unique food dishes that we have had in the previous books. I really can't wait to read the next book in the series and follow Felicity and the lucky man on their next adventures. I must thank both NetGalley and Books Go Social for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in return for an honest book review.

Comments