Time Travel

Convicting the Moors Murderers by Chris Cook

 Convicting the Moors Murderers by Chris Cook is a fascinating book about the trial and imprisonment of Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, some of the most well-known murderers in the United Kingdom after they abducted, assaulted and murdered at least 5 children and buried them of Saddleworth Moor. This book gives us details about the trial, the experiences of the families of both Myra Hindley and Ian Brady and the victims' families. You may think you know just about everything there is to know about this case, but you would be very much mistaken as there is some information which likely has not been published before.

I loved this book as, although I had a basic understanding of Myra Hindley and Ian Brady from various sources such as documentaries, I have learned so much more from this book than I have from any other source which is incredible. From the life of David Smith and Maureen to Brady's and Hindley's visits to the moor, various candles, and letters between themselves and the victims' families. On top of all this information, I think the most interesting part of this book for me was probably reading about the arrangements made after Brady died, including the careful transportation of his body to ensure there were no traces left of the body.

There is nothing I did not like about this book apart from how in some areas it may have been a bit long and mundane, but this is only a minor weakness. Other than that I can say I was blown away by the information in this book. The pictures included throughout were also extremely interesting and I was again surprised to see how much Brady and Hindley had changed in their appearance during their long imprisonment.

Altogether, I rate this book 4 stars making it a good book because it is full of fresh information regarding the trial and imprisonment of the Moors Murderers, including information which is not largely known about. I learned so much and would highly recommend this book. I would like to thank both NetGalley and Pen & Sword publishers for not only providing me access to this Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) but granting my wish to be able to read the book, it turned out to be much better than I thought so thank you very much.

Comments