Time Travel

No Small Murder by Lena Gregory

 No Small Murder by Lena Gregory follows Emma around with her job in Mini Meadows where she helps people downsize to smaller homes. All was going well before she took on a job with Mr Aldridge whose body Emma found the morning Mr and Mrs Aldridge were moving into their new home. With many suspects such as Mr Aldridges' wife and son and even his son's girlfriend, Emma must stay on hyper-alert to protect herself but more importantly protect her grandmother who was the victim of stalking.

I really like this book because the reader follows Emma around learning about her and spending time with Emma, her grandmother and her friends and really feeling part of the book. The story was exciting and gripping featuring a great mystery and the small hints of romance definitely added to the overall storyline. This was a greater thriller which once you get into the book you really can't put it down.

I can't really say there is anything about this book I didn't really like. Some advice would be that some of the chapters were long and to make the book even more exciting and faster paced I would consider making the chapters shorter. This would then engage the reader much more and make them want to keep reading. I should also add that when I read the description for this book I was expecting something much different to what this book is actually about but it does not disappoint. I very much look forward to a sequel of this novel that further follows Emma and her friends on more exciting adventures. 

I don't normally compare books in my reviews but this first book set in Mini Meadows following Emma is very similar to the Bean to Bar Mystery books which I very much enjoyed. Both books follow the main character throughout their lives and incorporate the exciting mysteries which the characters get involved in investigating. As well as this, both this book and the bean to bar series have elements of romance, which is just enough to add an additional theme and make the story even more enjoyable than if it was just a plain murder mystery.

Altogether, I rate this book 3 stars making it a good book because it was a great mystery and was very gripping. I like how the author was able to incorporate a few different themes into this book, this really helped to make the book really exciting. I would like to thank both NetGalley and Level Best Books for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in return for an honest book review.

Comments