Time Travel

First Kiss by Mocha Von Bee

 First Kiss by Mocha Von Bee is the first book in the Kit and Tully series. It follows Tully around his new town where he gets a job in a video shop before quickly making new friends with three of the local teenagers. Their friendship gets increasingly strong, particularly with Kit as they listen to their favourite band live. After spending lots of time over the summer together, Tully manages to persuade Kit's parents to let her go to a concert where she makes Tully do something he likely would not have previously done and where they share their first kiss.

This book marks a great start to this romance series and I found it a very gripping book, I very much look forward to reading the second book in the series. It is also good to see a new romance book which is set in the 1990s in Ireland. This for a modern-day teenage audience is a real eye-opener on what life was like without mobile phones and this is one theme I picked up throughout the book. This book teaches there are positives to having mobile phones such as being able to let your parents know where you are and contact your friends but also negatives as it stops you from being able to spend time with your friends in person. This book shows what friendships were like before the modern day of technology which is really good to present to a modern-day young adult audience.

I cannot say there was anything about this book which I did not like. I very much look forward to continuing to follow Kit and Tully's adventures and I only hope their relationship will get deeper. 

Altogether, I rate this book 4 stars as this is a good book for teenagers set in a time before technology but still a time full of fun, excitement and adventures. The romance elements of this book are nicely balanced out by following a group of teenage friends on a number of exciting adventures and I would definitely recommend this book. I would like to thank Net Galley and Indie Ink for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in return for an honest book review.

Comments