Time Travel

First Valentine by Mocha VonBee

 First Valentine by Mocha VonBee is the second book in the Kit and Tully series, which is just as good as the first book. This book develops Kit and Tully's relationship, following them both through the school year from the start of Kit's final year to the celebratory ball. We also watch Tully become a lead member in a new and emerging band within Dublin which is quickly expanding. Side notes include learning more about Kit's and Tully's families including Tully's mother's illness. As well as the various mysteries, primarily with Aonghus.

From the very start, this book has taken a complete 180-degree turn from Tully being the storyteller to now having the pleasure of hearing the story from Kit's perspective. This was not something I expected at all but it was an excellent technique which I thoroughly enjoyed. It was excellent to learn about Kit's feelings for Tully as this was not mentioned in book 1. As in book 1, I also enjoyed the romance unfolding in a time before technology which is a unique selling point for this book for young adults. As always, this series has continued to be gripping, with me enjoying every aspect.

There is nothing I can say I disliked about this book as I was really indulged and felt part of the storyline. Hearing the book from the other's perspective has been a great addition and for book 3 it would be fantastic if the author could include both Tully's and Kit's perspectives. This could be done by following kit for a chapter then following Tully for a chapter and keeping with this pattern. This would then make for an outstanding finale of this three-book series, which in a way I wish will not end as I am enjoying it so much.

Altogether, I rate this book 4 stars as it is a really gripping, interesting book and the romance aspects are heartwarming. It has also been great learning more about the characters involved as they start to share more personal aspects of their lives. This definitely adds to the plot. I would like to thank both NetGalley and Indie Ink for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in return for an honest book review. I very much look forward to reading the third book of the series.

Comments