Time Travel

My Year in Books 2022

 My Year in Books 2022

This year has not been an easy year for my reading habits and I really did not think I would have completed my reading challenge/book goal this year, so seeing that I have with 16 hours to spare is amazing. In order to achieve this goal, I have had to finish four books in the last 2 weeks, two of these books I have had to start just this week giving me four to five days to read, one of the books was a new one I only started on Tuesday of this week. So I'm sure you can imagine how proud, happy and excited I am.

This year has been so hard because of my first year of A-Levels along with my Advanced Subsidiary exams. This has been hard as much of my life this year has been dedicated to work and revision related to my a-levels meaning I have not found much time to do much reading for pleasure this year. This has been a shame but I expect it to get worse this year with my final A-Level exams around the corner followed by university. I do plan to make the 3 months between the end of A-Levels and the start of university a great period where I will read lots and focus on myself much more, leading to lots of self-improvement.

This year I have had the pleasure of reading so many great books. Some of them I read for pleasure, others I have read Advanced Reader Copy before publication via NetGalley in return for reviews and others I have read as 'homework' primarily from my week of work experience earlier this year. I can safely say that I have been reminded of my love of reading and as a result have in the last few months been reading much more which is great.

I am really looking forward to the start of 2023 with an amazing line of books ready to kickstart my year. I will be reading many books from authors whose work I have never come across before but also I will be revising some of my previous favourites including Amber Royer's books following Felicity on more chocolatey adventures. I have already got 5 books ready to read early next year with many more to come my way so I look forward to starting my 2023 in books and look forward to an even more successful year of reading in 2023.

2022 Reading Challenge

2022 Reading Challenge
Charlie has completed his goal of reading 10 books in 2022!
hide


Charlie's bookshelf: read

The Essential Social Skills Handbook for Teens: Fundamental strategies for teens and young adults to improve self-confidence, eliminate social anxiety and fulfill their potential in the 2020s
Develop Your Leadership Skills: Fast, Effective Ways to Become a Leader People Want to Follow
A Clockwork Orange
Troubled Blood
The Nicest Girl
Getting to Yes: The Secret to Successful Negotiation
The World's Worst Criminals: An A-Z of Evil Men and Women
Introduction to Employment Law: Fundamentals for HR and Business Students
The Embalmer
The Deceptive Brain


Charlie Medcalf's favorite books »

Comments