Time Travel

The Nicest Girl by Sophie Jo

 The Nicest Girl by Sophie Jo follows Sixth Former Anna Campbell on her journey to being less nice. This is not something you normally hear, someone wanting to be less nice, but how far is it before you are too nice?  Anna feels taken advantage of and feels as if she is there for everyone else but does not feel the same support back for her so she ultimately takes steps to look after herself with the help of new friends along the way.

I like this book as it is a really interesting book with a great plot and I can't remember the last book I read where I could relate to the characters so much. Anna Campbell really sounds like she would be a great friend and that we would get on so well as we have so much in common. This fact that I could relate to the book so much really drawed me into the adventures. There were also the love dynamics which, like many of the books I have read, do not take centre stage but are like side dishes to add to an already very well thought out plot.

I can't really say there is anything I did not like about this book. It was a full on story of the start of Anna Campbell's journey into year 13, which I know from first hand experience is hard. Although this is just a work of fiction, we should not overlook the message. Check in with your friends as you may not know how they are truly feeling. Stress can impact us all in different ways and even the person who seems fine will have times when they are not ok. In this book, that is Anna and I'm sure we can all relate to an Anna in our lives, so be there for them.

Overall, I rate this book 3 stars as it is a good and exciting  story with a great plot which I really did enjoy reading. I would recommend this book to anyone who feel that they too can be too nice at times and hopefully you will be able to connect with Anna Campbell as I was able to whilst reading this book. I would also like to thank both NetGalley and UCLan publishing for providing me with an advanced reader copy (ARC) of this book in return for an honest review.

Comments