Time Travel

Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher & William Ury

 Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher and William Ury is a book about negotiating an agreement without giving in. I was given this book, to borrow, as homework during my Aston Martin work experience and it was definitely worth the read. This book breaks down into simple chunks how to approach and debate and make it highly likely to come out with an attractive agreement. With lots of tips and tricks for even the most experienced negotiator, this book is definitely worth a read, particularly if you work in business or law.

I liked this book as it provided both common-sense negotiating strategies and also more unique methods to help you tackle any negotiation. It also answers a number of questions to help you feel as prepared as possible to enter into a negotiation. This was also a rather gripping book which did not really take me long to read despite me finishing this book two months after starting it, for a number of reasons other than anything to do with this book.

Altogether, I rate this book 3 stars making it a good book providing very useful knowledge for anyone who wants to improve their negotiation skills. I am certain that you will learn something useful from this book so I would highly recommend this book. It was a very enjoyable read and I will definitely be putting the advice contained in this book into action.

Comments