Time Travel

The Deceptive Brain by Robert Taylor

 The Deceptive Brain by Robert Taylor is an academic book perfect for anyone in the social science industry either working in or studying social sciences and/or criminality and the criminal justice system. As a criminologist myself (student) it was an interesting read. This book encourages us to look at the American criminal justice system in a different way with blameless responsibility. The idea is that we are not blameworthy for crimes we commit but are responsible. This can seem absurd to many, as the writer himself admits, but once you have read this book I am sure you will look at the criminal justice system in a different way.

I liked this book as Taylor is obviously talking about a topic that many of us would laugh about if you considered such a criminal justice system, but throughout this book, the ideology and evidence to support this type of criminal justice system is logically presented suggesting why this blameless responsibility model could work.

I do not have any criticisms for this book but would say this book is best for academics studying the social sciences in particular as this is a very academic style book. I really enjoyed this as both a Psychology and Criminology student.

Altogether, I rate this book 3 stars making it a good book overall which I am glad I had the opportunity to read. I would like to particularly thank both Net Galley and John Hunt Publishing for providing me with an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in return for an honest book review.

Comments