Time Travel

Fifty Fifty by Steve Cavanagh

 Fifty Fifty by Steve Cavanagh is a great thriller, murder mystery book which really takes the reader on an adventure. The book is about these two girls, Sofia and Alexandra Avellino, who are both accused of killing their father. They both called 911, they both were linked to the murder, they both had the victims blood on them and they blame each other. This book follows the Lawyers on their journey to find the killer with some excellent scenes including in the courthouse. This book is great to keep the reader on the edge of their seat.

I like this book because it constantly got the reader thinking, Who is the killer? This is a common thing that readers think about in any murder mystery novels but in this book, it is very different and somewhat complicated to work out exactly who the killer actually is. The writer has quite geniously made you think about the opposite sister whenever you think you have nailed who the killer is. The witnesses of the Prosecution and the cross-examinations present in this book also keep the reader entertained throughout the court hearing and makes you think about things that you may never have thought about. This truly is a very gripping book.

I can't say there was anything I really disliked about this book. I am currently an aspiring Barrister with an interest in the law and so this fictional book was great to read. I then also loved how the writer managed to avoid being like every other murder mystery book where the reader is always easily able to figure out who the killer is before the end of the book. Cavanagh really did mislead me which I think was great as it added to the excitement of the plot.

Altogether, I rate this book 5 Stars making it very good. This is because it was a unique book written by an author who I have not previously known about but now am deeply interested in some of his other books. This book was a work of art and I really enjoyed reading each part. As I said, a very good book and I look forward to reading more of Cavanagh's books in the future.

Comments