Time Travel

April Showers Bring May Flowers

 Hello everyone and welcome to my first Top 5 Wednesday post of the month! I should begin by wishing all my viewers a happy May because summer is nearly here meaning the weather will be nicer and we can do more things that we enjoy! Anyway, this post is based around the well known saying 'April showers bring May flowers and it is the top 5 books which have flowers or plants on the front cover. I do not have many of these books on my Goodreads account and so one or two of the books may be books that speak about plants and flowers. Anyway, let's get straight to this week's post!

1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

The first book on my list is this classic American novel that takes us on a journey to the courtroom and it is on this list because it has a tree on the cover. I think the tree most likely symbolises the Mockingbird and the tree with the knothole in the book. This is obviously a great book which I suggest everyone reads although it is not exclusively about plants and flowers. This book is not primarily about trees or plants, because it is much more important when looking at the bigger meanings of the book.

2. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

This is another classic American novel but this time we are on the ranch rather than in the courtroom. This book also has many trees and plants on the cover which therefore gets this book on this list. There are some references to plants and flowers in this book mainly through the idea of agriculture and harvesting crops for food but its bigger meanings are about much more than plants and flowers. 

3. On the origin of species by Charles Darwin

This book is one that is in the public domain and which I have started reading but had soon abandoned to move onto a more interesting book. There are no plants or flowers of any kind on the cover of this book but this book does discuss flowers and plants through the idea of genetics in quite a bit of detail and it is more a scientific journal on both plants and animals. It, therefore, has made it onto this list but it is not a book I have actually finished reading.

4. The Conspiracy Series by Laurence O'Bryan

The three books in this series are hard because I am not 100% confident that there are flowers on the cover but it does look like there are flowers and/or plants. Therefore, all three books can go on the list for this week's Top 5 Wednesday blog post. Obviously, this book series is very interesting and as usual, I highly suggest you read the three books but most importantly, read them in order.

5. Inferno by Dante

Finally, on this list, I have this classic epic poem written by the one and only Dante. This is another book where I was not completely sure if it had plants or flowers on it but it does look like it does therefore making it applicable for this list. This is one of the more interesting public domain books I have read in my time and I suggest you read it if you are interested in the afterlife and religion.

Anyway, that is all for this week's Top 5 Wednesday blog post. I appreciate it has been a bit rushed and so I apologise for this but I have just been so busy lately but I do plan to make more time soon, particularly at the end of May when my life will be getting back on track. Furthermore, I do not have many books on my GoodReads shelf which have flowers on the cover and so I have tried my best to look for five appropriate books but my selection may not be entirely accurate. Please do comment me in general and about books you have read which have had flowers or plants on the cover or whatever. Please also take a look at the rest of my blog and share this post with all your friends. I look forward to the next Top 5 Wednesday blog post and so see you then!

Top 5 Wednesday
Top 5 Wednesday 10141 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments