Time Travel

Well That Dragged

 Around a year ago, the world went into lockdown and so this is a memory we will never forget and for some this year has gone by at lightning speed whilst for others, it has really dragged out. This week's Top 5 Wednesday post is to discuss books that had strange pacing, whether it was the book itself or how I read it and in some cases also books that went on longer than necessary. Some books on this list although long were very good whereas other books on this list are long and terrible. But either way, here are the Top 5 books I have read with strange or prolonged pacing. Let's get right into it!

1. From a Buick 8

This was the first-ever Stephen King book I have ever read and to be honest it was a disappointment from the 'King of Horror' as he is known. This book just went on and was way too long, the chapters were long, and the story was largely the same with not many plot twists. As well as this book just going on for such a long time this resulted in me taking months to read this book which is not good. So this book not only had bad pacing but also made me take a long time to read it.

2. To Kill a Mockingbird

This book was well written and is now one of my favourites but again took me ages to read, as in a few months. The pacing in this book was not too bad but some of the language was very difficult and some of the chapters were quite long on top of which I was only able to read this book in a short time period for various reasons. When I was introduced to Course Hero which helped me with my comprehension I was able to get through the book much quicker which was good. So this is a good book but took me quite a while to read due to a lack of time and tricky language.

3. The Divine Comedy

This book again was a good book and the pacing was not too bad but again took me a while to read the book. This was again because of difficult language but again Course Hero helped me with my comprehension and enabled me to read it much quicker. Once I found Course Hero, I read through the book much quicker but before which I was much slower.

4. Shell

This was the second book I read as part of a competition which was quite good. The main book I read was Outwalkers and after the competition, I also read this book as I was looking for more to read. This competition to be honest was the first time I had read some books before they were actually published which was very fun. Anyway, this book had interesting pacing along with short reading periods to read this book in. Therefore, because of the above factors, it took me a while to read this book.

5. Macbeth

This book is one that actually has strange pacing unlike the others in this list. This is the only book on the list which I have been able to read in three days for GCSE English Literature studies which to be honest was quite fun as a challenge with my classmates. Anyway, this play is a third of the length of the play King Lear yet has the same number of acts and scenes. Therefore, some scenes are long and others are short but altogether this creates a fast-paced play that helps build excitement when reading.

Anyway, that is all for this week and I will look forward to next week's Top 5 Wednesday post. What books have you read that have strange pacing? Do let me know in the comments. Please also share this post and the link around to get the word out there. Thank you for all your continued support and I look forward to next week's post.

Top 5 Wednesday
Top 5 Wednesday 10141 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments