Time Travel

The Trinity by Ryan McKenzie

 This is the second book in the series written by Ryan McKenzie which aims to introduce young children to different concepts of Christianity to start their lives as good Christians. This book was about the very complex Trinty which I am sure still confuses some adults and children of all ages. This is the idea that there is one god but this one God consists of the father, the son and the holy ghost but they are all one and not separate.

I do not think this book was as good as the Imago Dei book when thinking about the audience because this book, although the writer has tried to simplify it, is still very complicated even for me. Some may say there is contradictory language in it and would be very confusing for children. It may have been better to therefore cover a different part of Christianity instead.

I did like this book as it did try and simplify this very difficult concept and the images did somewhat help the reader understand this difficult concept. By learning this concept at a young age, it is likely that the children will understand this concept much better when they are older but it is still quite a complicated subject.

What I disliked about this book was that it was still very complicated for the reader and some parts of it did not make entire sense to me. Also, the book involved having to stop and study the page and text for a bit, which is not a bad thing, in order to try and understand the concept. If you are a parent wanting to read this book to your child I would suggest you read it yourself to start with and then make sure you have plenty of time to explain the concept further and answer any questions your children may have.

Altogether, I rate this book 2 stars making it an alright book because although I did enjoy it, I found it quite complicated at times and so I feel if I sometimes found it complicated the children it is written for may also find it quite complicated. That is why I believe parents should be prepared to further expand on the ideas presented in this book.

Comments