Favorite Villainess

They keep telling me not to...

 This week's Top 5 Wednesday post is about judging books by their covers. This week requires me to go through my To Be Read list and find the most stunning covers. This will be interesting as when I am looking for books to read, I often judge them by their covers before looking at the description of the book. I will add, these may not be all physical books and the majority if not all of the books may come from my Net Galley shelf! So let's get straight to it with my Top 5 Books with the most stunning and impressive covers. 

1. A visionary Guide to Lucid Dreaming

So my first book on the list is one from NetGalley about Lucid Dreaming. Both the title on the cover and the cover image got me interested in this book. I have always liked the idea of Lucid Dreaming and always been interested in developing the skill and so I first looked at the cover before reading the description. I am happy to say it will be a book I review on this blog in the coming weeks. The cover image in particular looked somewhat unrealistic and really caught my attention. It does to some extent describe Lucid dreaming from just looking at the image.

2. Touch is Really Strange

This book is another one from NetGalley, and yes the title and the image of this book are ones which get you curious. When you read the description, it is pretty much a science book which answers those most simplistic questions to which no one normally knows the answers, such as 'Why can't you tickle yourself?' The image of two people hugging is also interesting and really makes the reader think about what the book could be about.

3. Fake Law

This books one I have on my bookshelf currently, I want to read this book not just because of the cover picture and title but also the description. Plus I have read the Secret Barrister's first book and enjoyed it so much that I also wanted to read this book. The title itself draws you as the reader in as you get intrigued about what the government is hiding from you and not being honest about. The blinded Lady Justice also further spikes the reader's interest as it creates the impression that these Fake Laws are not only lying to the public but also to the legal professions and many people do not know that they are Fake Laws.

4. The Girl who escaped from Auschwitz

This book is another book from my NetGalley shelf and this really did spike my interest from the cover; both the picture and title. This would have otherwise been a book I would have overlooked. This book had the above title with a picture of the Auschwitz Concentration camp and the holocaust is a topic I am deeply interested in. It really teaches us all how we should not behave towards different people. I enjoyed the Tattooist of Aushwitz so much that I thought this would be another great book to read regarding this subject.

5. Business without the bullsh*t

This book more than any is a book on my bookshelf (which I have now read), that I really did judge by the cover. I am one of those readers who when they go to the shops they always look at the book section and are easily manipulated into buying the books. This happened at the shop Trago Mills and there were a few books I looked at and this was one of only two I actually brought. It was the title which contained the swear and the picture of the bull on the cover that made me want to read this book. Furthermore, I have a growing interest in the world of business and so I got this book and the rest is history.

That is all for this week's Top 5 Wednesday. I hope you enjoyed it and please comment below which books you have judged by the cover/books with the most stunning covers. I would be very interested to find out. Please do share this post with all your friends and also do look at the other posts on this blog. I will be back with my next Top 5 Wednesday post next week!

Top 5 Wednesday
Top 5 Wednesday 10141 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments