Happy Valentines Day

This is my second Top 5 Wednesday post and I must say I am glad to be back. Not only I have enjoyed this challenge but I see you my viewers also have loved the post. Last week's post got so many views in just one day that I think this is something I should do on a regular basis for my enjoyment and challenge, for you, my audience and to help my blog grow to its full potential. This weeks challenge is linked to Valentine's day as you may have guessed. The original challenge was for the top 5 bookish couples you have fallen in love with. I will try and keep it to couples where possible but there will be times where I change it to individuals in a book I have fallen in love with and would go on a date with. Let's begin with this week's challenge!

1. Phoenix

The first book on this week's post is Phoenix. I will start by making it clear that I do not love any of the relationships highlighted in the majority of this book. The one exception to this would be Briana's first relationship with her high school love but after this point, none of the relationships are worthy of anyone's Love. I chose this book as from the descriptions, and I am not thinking about the camps Briana was forced to go and the deeds she was forced to do, but she sounds like a very friendly pretty girl and so a girl I would not mind going out with. This is by no means to take advantage of her like the mean in the book but rather to look after her and support her after the horrible things she has had to go through.

2. Grand Openings can be Murder

Secondly in the list, is the book that at the time of writing I am currently reading. Grand Openings can be Murder highlights one lovely relationship which is not 100% present in the book. That is because Felicitie's husband has died and so she opened the chocolate shop for him. Felicity and her husband sound like a lovely couple who both liked reading and travelling the world, they sounded a lot like my ideal partnership. Furthermore, of the descriptions in the book, Felicity is another book Character who I think I would go out with because although she sounds pretty she is also a reader and traveller and they are two things I want to do throughout my life. 

3. The Fault in our Stars

The third book on this list is that very popular young adult book, The Fault in Our Stars. The relationship between Hazel and Augustus is one which is truly touching and heartbreaking at the same time. They both knew the other could die at any time yet this did not stop them from supporting each other to the day they died. This is one couple I really have fallen in love with and am deeply upset over because of the reality of it. This book highlights a very important lesson, do not wait until a more convenient time as you could die at any time and I think it is safe to say that Hazel and Augustus lived every day like their last. 

4. The Conspiracy 2

This is the fourth book on the list and the third book on the list which I have read this year! This book involves another couple who we do not meet together in the book but we hear a lot about them from the husband, Rob. Rob's wife Jackie has supposedly died from the Coronavirus but Rob shows his deep love for her throughout the book. There is no doubt that Rob and his wife Jackie loved each other very much and I as a reader love it how Rob does not give up looking for her when the reality she may still be alive hits him.

5. An Inspector Calls

Finally, on this list, we have An Inspector Calls. This is another interesting book to have on this list. Although the upper-class Birling's and Gerald were not nice to Eva they had good relationships themselves. The relationship between Mr and Mrs Birling seemed to be quite good and at the start of the text, the relationship between Sheila and Gerald seemed a great one which readers could initially fall in love with. However, the girl I would most likely go out within this play would be Eva Smith to be someone who she deserves and help her out after all the horrible things she has had to go through.

Anyway, that is it for this weeks Top 5 Wednesday post which I really hope you enjoyed. Please comment below either a book character you have fallen in love with or a bookish couple who you have fallen in love with, I would be delighted to hear your opinions! Please also share this blog post to help Book Portal grow and get the word out there and please do subscribe to the blog. 

Top 5 Wednesday

Top 5 Wednesday 10141 members
Welcome to the official group page of the T5W! This weekly book meme officiated in November 2013 and is still going strong! Join the group to become a T5W-er and check out the topics for the current month!

Books we've read



View this group on Goodreads »

Comments