Time Travel

Cheater Code- Book Review

 This is a dirty, gay romance, erotica comic strip which is perfect for all grown-ups! You will not be able to put it done.


Cheater Code follows Kennedy, the main character, through a number of different video games when he is at a low point in life when he catches his boyfriend cheating on him. This causes Kennedy lots of upset throughout the erotica as Kennedy loved his ex-boyfriend and was devastated to see that he had been cheating on him. Kennedy then explores some of his favourite games where he engages in fun and exciting gay sexual activities with some of the characters and helps Kennedy get ready to start afresh.

This book is very unique compared to other books I have ready, the reason, to begin with, is that the entirety of the book is laid out as a comic strip and sadly we do not see many comic strip books for adults on the market. It makes adults remember the fun they use to have when reading comics in a fun and exciting manner. Furthermore, unlike some erotica, there is sex from the start and plenty of sex throughout. If you are an adult or grown-up who use to or still loves a comic then this book is perfect for you and it does not matter your sexual identity. This book may be about gay romance but it is suitable for gays and straights.

I loved Kennedy and the development of his character throughout the book as it shows how anyone can overcome a hard and sad event in life but it takes time and the plot of the story to some extent kept me guessing what would happen next although the sex part of the story could be provoked. My favourite part of the book has probably got to be when Kennedy goes on an adventure through his games which is truly a life-changing experience for him. 

I love how this book has been written as a comic book which makes the reader remember the excitement they had as children from reading comics. Superheroes may no longer interest you but this erotic comic will certainly interest you. You get to see everything every step of the way which makes the reader feel fully involved. I really got to know the main character, Kennedy, in this book and I could really emphasise the pain he was going through at his break up and it is reassuring to the reader to see that he manages to start afresh. When I started reading this book I was so excited with the plot that I was unable to put the book down and was disappointed when I did have to leave the book. This I would say is quite a hard skill to make it hard for the reader to put the book down, but S.A. Foxe obviously has the skill and is a master writer of this book!

I do not have any criticisms of this book, and why would I if I could not put it down when reading. However, I would love to see a second series of this book in the comic style of both about Kennedy and his life now and about maybe a straight couple. The author would be able to experiment in a variety of ways with this book and still make it equally as sexy, exciting and hard to put down.

In summary, this is a great book ideal for adults and grown-ups of all ages and sexes. It makes you feel like you are a teenager with a new comic book once again and the illustrations are excellent and show you everything that is going on. This is a truly unique book compared to the majority of other books I have read; this is the only book for adults and grown-ups which I am aware of that is written in comic format. I am happy to give this book 4 stars for the excellent storyline and the format of the book.

I would like to say Thank you to both NetGalley and Limerence Press who gave me exclusive pre-publishing access to this excellent book in return for an honest book review.

This book is not for children, so be cautious if you have children around!




Thank you for reading this blog post, please feel free to read more of the blog posts available on this blog and feel free to subscribe and follow Book Portal on Twitter. Please also either donate via Paypal or Buy me a book using one of the buttons at the side of this blog. All contributions are greatly appreciated and allow us to continue writing posts about all things books.

 

Comments